Western Canada was first explored and settled by Europeans using Voyageur Canoes – the semi trailer of the day. These big canoes carried supplies,
First Nation guides and adventurous souls looking for new life and opportunities in the unknown west.
When you visit Banff you can share in the ride of a 16 person canoe complete with authentic story-telling guide. It’s easy, fun and interactive.
Voyageur Canoe trips can be enjoyed by all, including families with children, and no paddling experience is necessary.
- 11:00am daily
- 1.00pm daily
- 3.30pm daily
- $54 for adults
- $25 for children (6-12)
- Children 5 and under are free
Where to Meet
- At Banff Canoe Club on the corner of Wolf Street and Bow Avenue
- Hotel pick up and drop off is not provided for this tour
Itinerary and Highlights:
- Voyageur Canoe: Paddle a replica voyageur canoe
- Themed tour experience: Your guide will be dressed in voyageur clothing and teach you the voyageurs salute and song!
- Local mountain views: See Mt. Rundle, Sulphur Mountain and Cascade from a unique perspective
- River life: In only a short time you’ll be away from roads and crowds, in the wilderness and nearer to wildlife
Your tour includes:
- Friendly, certified canoe guide
- All safety equipment: Life jacket, paddles,
- Dryland paddling and safety instruction
Remember to bring:
- Proper clothing. Dress for the weather, we will be outdoors
- Your camera, during breaks you will have the opportunity to take photos while we float