Exciting whitewater thrills on the Bow River! A half-day whitewater tour that offers adventure lovers rafting thrills and excitement close to Banff, Canmore and Calgary. The Horseshoe Canyon section offers spectacular scenery, big waves and up to Grade IV whitewater. Experience a sense of remoteness while you raft your way through shale canyons and awesome whitewater. Cliff jumping is also available for the adventure enthusiast!
- Adult, 12 years+: $79.00 (must be over 90lbs)
- Prices plus $3 per person river fee
- Transportation is additional $10 from Banff and Canmore
- Tour starts 8:15 am daily (May 11th – Sept 8th)
- Tour finishes approx. 12noon
Where to meet:
- Meet at Nakoda Lodge
- Directions to Nakoda Lodge and a Google map.
- Tours meet at the river base 8:15 am
Itinerary and highlights:
- Scenic views of the front range Rocky Mountains
- Up to class IV rapids, big waves and big action
- A medium or BIG cliff jump for adventurous during the float section
- Professional photos of your boat available for purchase at the river base
Your tour includes:
- River time: 1.5 – 2 hours
- Professional River Guide with each boat – who will explain and demonstrate paddle, safety and emergency techniques
- All safety equipment: wetsuits, life jacket, helmet, rain jacket, wetsuit booties and gloves
- Dryland safety instruction
- Practice paddling on the river before the waves
- Refreshments and snacks to charge up on after your tour
- Transportation – available at a small fee for most of our trips.
Remember to bring:
- Swimsuit – have it on under your clothes prior to your trip for added convenience
- A towel and a bag – to hold your personal belongings whilst you’re out on the river
- A toque/beanie/wooly hat – on cold days for under your helmet, it will get wet.
- A change of clothes including a warm fleece for after your rafting trip
- Clothes suitable for the day – all your personal belongings will be left in your vehicle or in your personal bag while you are rafting.
- Contact lenses – are OK if you are comfortable swimming in them, please tell your guide.
- Sunscreen – great on a hot day, avoid putting it above or near your eyes.
- Medical Concerns – please bring any medication you may need and inform your guide of any medical condition.
- Price does not include transport
- Cameras – do not bring your camera on the raft unless it is waterproof. Same day action photo CDs and disposable waterproof cameras are for sale at reasonable prices
- Glasses or sunglasses – are not recommended unless secured by eyeglass holders or retainers.
- Valuables – best left behind in your hotel or car.