Our most popular dog sledding tour!
Lake Louise is an icon for Canada and a stunning place to visit. Dogsledding is the most popular winter activity and an adventure suitable for anyone. Combined these are bound to create the most memorable experience of your holiday. Dogsledding the Great Divide Tour takes you along the base of giant peaks in Lake Louise nearly 8km to the Continental Divide the high point separating the east from the west. Guests have the opportunity to get to know the dogs, their guides, learn the basics of driving a team and are encouraged to drive the team home, covering 16km (10 miles) in total!
Trail length: Approximately 16km
- $195 per person (based on 2 people sharing a sled)
- $390 for a single rider
- Child (0-5 years) $30 per person
- Daily except Thursdays at 9:30am, 12pm and 2pm
- You must arrive 15 minutes prior to departure times.
- Tour does not run on Thursdays.
Duration: 1.5 hours with 30 minutes of sled time
Where to Meet:
Great Divide Trailhead in Lake Louise
- 30 minutes of sled time
- 16km of trails
- Plenty of time to get to know the dogs and the guide
- Photo stops and fantastic views of the North Face of Mt. Temple
For your safety, comfort and enjoyment, please advise to dress appropriately. You will be required to wear snow pants, winter jackets and insulated winter boots, warm hat that covers your ears. Warm gloves, wool socks, warm under-layers, scarf/something to cover your face, goggles or sunglasses. Clothing restrictions: high heeled boots/shoes, UGGS, sneakers, rubber boots, cotton socks, jeans or leggings.
Guests must make their own way to Lake Louse for this tour. Maximum 2 adults, 1 infant per sled (under 5 years). Weights will be needed as sleds must not exceed 400lbs. Tours will run weather permitting, if extreme temperatures or dangerous conditions place the guests or dogs in danger, trips may be cancelled and no money will be charged. Participants are required to sign a waiver.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your tour time. Meet the guides and dogs! The dogs love visitors and welcome the pre dog sled attention.
- You will be mushing in Banff National Park, one of Canada’s World Unesco Heritage Sites. The far end of this tour arrives at the historical Great Divide Arch, which marks the watershed division between the Pacific and Atlantic Oceans.
- After the tour you have the opportunity to toss the dogs their frozen chicken popsicle.
- Budget 1.5 to 2 hours for this tour.
Remember to bring:
- Warm clothing, including hats, gloves and warm boots. Ski wear is strongly recommended for this tour.
- Don’t forget your camera.
- Prices are based on two adult rates per sled
- Maximum two adults and one small child $30 (under 5 years) per sled
- Children 6 and over are charged at the adult rate
- Upgrade to the Winter Adventurer Package for $40 which includes transport from Banff at 10:15am, and returns back to Banff at 5pm and free time spent at the Chateau Lake Louise and a snowshoe taster session, please call to upgrade or add children on 1 877 565 9372.
This tour is very popular and will sell out. Please reserve early to avoid disappointment.